Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Review: Superman: For Tomorrow

Superman: For Tomorrow (Superman Superman: For Tomorrow (Superman by Brian Azzarello
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Still didn't work

I remember reading this the first time and thinking that the writer did a bad job on this story. Reading it again I see that my opinion was still correct. The art is fine but the story still doesn't work. This was the story that showcased the worst of Azzarello. There's lots of fluff but no stuff. While he writes a decent Batman he can't write any other super powered character. Later on he would try Wonder Woman and that didn't work either. This book was the first unfortunately but the art by Lee carries the reader through the book. By the end nothing made sense or would even matter years later so in that sense For Tomorrow sucked today like it did so many yesterdays ago.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment